A Campaign to Help End Homelessness
We will support homeless individuals and families by:
- Collecting needed items for local shelters
- Providing volunteers
- Raising awareness of the problem in our community
- Raising $10,000 or more to support efforts to end homelessness through the following partners:
Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters, you did for me. –Matthew 25:40
NEW CREATION UCC PROJECTS
September 28-29- PNEC Sleep Out for Homelessness: Youth from throughout the UCC Penn Northeast Conference will solicit sponsors and collect needed items for Third Street Alliance for Women & Children. Participants will discover what homelessness is, worship together and sleep outside! On Sunday, participants will be a part of a special worship service centered around the Sleep Out at 9:00 AM.
October- Volunteer Month: Members of New Creation and friends will engage in volunteer projects in our community. We will pack food for starving children, serve meals at the shelter and soup kitchens, and support a variety of other missions.
November 10- Salute to Veterans Luncheon & Program: A free luncheon for all veterans with a special outreach to those veterans who are experiencing homelessness. In addition to the meal, we will provide a musical salute to all who have served.
November- Thanksgiving Meals: We will work with Forks UCC and St. Luke’s UCC to provide the turkey and all the trimmings to families in need in the Easton area for their Thanksgiving meal.
December- Christmas Angel Fund: We will work with Family Connection and local schools to identify families in need during the holiday season.
December- Celebrating our Community Partners: Presentation of the funds raised to our Community Partners- Safe Harbor Easton, Third Street Alliance for Women and Children, and Victory House.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Help plan and organize mission events
- Volunteer for Projects with our Partners and
in the wider Community
- Bring in wish items for our local shelters including
- Men’s boxers- M, L, XL
- Women’s underwear- sizes 5-13
- Laundry detergent or pods
- Paper plates and plastic cutlery
- Lysol sprays
- General purpose and bathroom cleaners
- Air fresheners
- Office supplies
- Baby products
- Hand soap & sanitizer
- Flushable wipes
- Garbage bags
- Contribute funds using seatback envelopes
or the Create a Home pull-down option on our website’s (www.newcreationucc.org) Give Now button.
- Help get the word out to friends and family through Facebook and other social media, email, and face-to-face to donate time and money
- Make others aware of our brothers and sisters
Where does the money come from?
- 10% tithe from New Creation fundraisers
- Congregation donation during services
- Donation through our website:
- The generosity of YOU and whoever you tell
How is it used?
80% or more of all fund will be allocated directly to:
- Safe Harbor Easton is dedicated to empowering and educating homeless men and women, and to helping them to achieve a better way of life. They provide safe, secure housing and case management for all clients.
- Third Street Alliance for Women & Children is a “mansion with a mission” that provides a safe and healthy space for women, children and families to live learn and thrive.
- Victory House has been a recognized leader in providing local homeless veterans and homeless men with opportunities to transition to independent affordable housing and to begin new lives.
Balance of funds will be used to support the projects on behalf of the homeless by New Creation UCC.